Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:29:55 PM EDT

Alright first these came with 2 - 2" rails and a 4" and then 2 - 3" rails and a 4". Now I hear Troy is going back to the 2". Anyone get one recently that can verify the rail lengths?
I e-mailed Troy but havn't heard back yet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone told someone who heard they were going to a 4" and two 2" sections.

Their marketing boss told me they didn't plan on making 2-inchers.  The one I received had a 4-incher and two 3-inchers.  Kinda defeats the purpose when all I wanted to bolt on was a sling point on the left, a VFG on the bottom, and a Scout light on the right.  For the amount of space railed up you might as well get a full-railed tube.

I sent it back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed them early on, after they shipped me a 4" and 2 x 3" rails. Their website showed 2 x 2" pieces and a 4"...they replied that incorrect info had gotten to the webpage guys, and that they weren't interested in making 2" rails. I told them I'd be very interested in them, and that I would not buy a second handguard unless they did. Never heard back from them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the VTac version of this rail, just received it today. It came with 1 4" rail and 2 2" rails.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I emailed them early on, after they shipped me a 4" and 2 x 3" rails. Their website showed 2 x 2" pieces and a 4"...they replied that incorrect info had gotten to the webpage guys, and that they weren't interested in making 2" rails. I told them I'd be very interested in them, and that I would not buy a second handguard unless they did. Never heard back from them.

Yeah, what's the big deal for them to make a 2" rail? It seams that's what everyone wants. I did see that AR Performance had a sling mount for the TRX rail the bolts through one of the holes. That would be even better than a using a 2" rail just for a sling mount.
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The MI 1.5" rail works fine on the TRX (shown below with a Troy swivel base on the MI rail). The holes are in the right spots (not perfect, but close), and the backing nuts have circular extensions that sorta countersink from the backside of the TRX holes. The MI rail, bolts, backing plates, and Troy swivel base (not including the swivel itself) add just under 1 oz of weight.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/Driftwood2304/68SPCAR005Medium.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/Driftwood2304/68SPCAR018.jpg
Link Posted: 10/5/2009 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
BINGO!  

What I wanted, while Troy basically said, "Pound sand," we ain't makin' 'em.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 3:25:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't say that the MI rail works fine. I got mine to work, but it was an ugly hack. I put a piece of 3/8ths copper pipe section 1/8ths long over the backer hub. The pipe was a good size to fit into the handguard hole. HOWEVER, the 2 holes in the MI rail do not line up with the 2 holes in the Troy handguard well enough to use a second pipe piece in the second hole in the handguard.

The rail assy is not as secure as it could be, though what I came up with is an improvement, it's still a hackjob. It'll do for a flashlight for now, and I was sure to locktite the bejesus out of it.  I sure as heck wouldn't trust it to secure a sling, or even an front sight assy on the handguard.

Troy had better get off the pot and deliver what their customers are asking for, or someone else will. I'm sure as heck not buying any more Troy Xtreme handguards until they do. I'd LOVE to put at least 2 more on my guns, but not until we have a satisfactory solution to this issue. A 3 or 4" rail section plus rail attached sling swivel is not satisfactory.

That is 2 lost handguard sales right there, Troy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BINGO!  

Not sure who you talked to but it looks like the information that they gave you might have been incorrect:

http://store.troyind.com/2_Quick_Attach_Rail_Section_for_TRX_Extreme_p/srai-trx-p2bt-00.htm
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BINGO!  

Not sure who you talked to but it looks like the information that they gave you might have been incorrect:

http://store.troyind.com/2_Quick_Attach_Rail_Section_for_TRX_Extreme_p/srai-trx-p2bt-00.htm

But at $24.95 + shipping for a lousy 2" rail, bah.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BINGO!  

But at $24.95 + shipping for a lousy 2" rail, bah.

You could always make your own and sell them for less.........
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who has the TRX extreme try mounting a 1.5" suppressor and see if it fits underneath?  I know it will be close.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone who has the TRX extreme try mounting a 1.5" suppressor and see if it fits underneath?  I know it will be close.  

Thanks

My calipers come up with an inner diameter average of 1.465" (it is extruded, so there is some variance), so that's a nogo with a 1.5" can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top