Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 12:24:47 PM EDT
I want to start shooting 22LR again on my AR but I converted them both to LMT MRP PISTON uppers.

Will the 22LR drop-in conversion kits from Spike, CMMG, Ceiner still work in my LMT MRP Piston upper?

ADMINS: If this needs to be moved to the Pistol Caliber/Rimfire Section please do so. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It should work...

But for the effort, the ST barrel is going to be WAY better (1:7 is rough on 36gr and 40gr loads) - let alone the MRP QC barrel negates almost all the barrel/op system fouling caused by common .22 kits. Bit more dough up front, but worth it just from the accuracy standpoint alone.

Get the ST hardware, a pile of CMMG magazines, and the Christies Products loader and you'll be happy beyond belief.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We make .22 barrels for the MRP, That is the way to go IMO.

Hmmm, that sounds interesting.  I'll give you a phone call.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Spikes MRP barrel and dedicated bolt.  I did some light polishing on the ramp and chamber as detailed over in Spike's Industry forum and the thing has run flawlessly with Federal, CCI minimags and Aguila ammo.  It is one of my favorite shooters, I often take it out when walking the dogs for some impromptu plinking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top