Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 11:41:37 AM EDT
I'm going to have my Clinton era bbl threaded and put a flash hider on it.

I'm leaning towards the A2 style, as it's cheap, and pretty short.

Any other recommendations, and why?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/muzzle.html

All of the Phantom ones are good. MUCH better than the A1/A2 ones. If looks matter to you, the Phantom 5C1 looks the most like the standard A2 one though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my blackout

But the most praise I hear is for the vortex and the phantom
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Vortex is very good.  A friend has one on his gun and loves it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I am probably the odd man out on flash hiders.  I like the standard A2.  However,  I do like the look and function of the Vortex.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm going to have my Clinton era bbl threaded and put a flash hider on it.

I'm leaning towards the A2 style, as it's cheap, and pretty short.

Any other recommendations, and why?

Thanks,

A flash hider should hide flash.  The two that are frequently talked about are the Vortex and Phantom.  I chose the 5C1 because it works as well as the Vortex at 1/2 the price.  See this thread for proof.

there is a guy in the EE that sells them for about $22 delivered.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]

I never understand these kinds of replys - in this kind of thread.

What if the guy has a 20" barrel ?  If so, do you people think that bbl. would really need a Phantom or a Vortex or a Blackout ??

To the OP:

How long is the barrel ?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the responses.  I have a 16' bbl.

How hard/much money is it to have a bbl threaded?  Is it a simple 50-70 dollar job, or enough of a hassel to move towards a lock screw type slip on FH?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for all the responses.  I have a 16' bbl.

That's a long bbl.

Anyway, contact ADCO. The threading is a simple job for them ...

Have them throw a  $10.00 A2 birdcage FH on the end, and you are GTG.

HTH.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
But at 16", the phantom and vortex WILL cut down on flash compared to the A2.

If it was a 20", I might tend to agree with Winn. You will see a difference with the 16.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But at 16", the phantom and vortex WILL cut down on flash compared to the A2.

If it was a 20", I might tend to agree with Winn. You will see a difference with the 16.

Okay

BUT, if so ... how much

Going from next-to-nothing with an A2 on a 16" ... to, 'a little bit less than' next-to-nothing, with the others on a 16"... is going to be essentially indiscernible for 98.9% of the users.

Not trying to start shit ...

So with due respect, if that's your claim ... then it would be nice to see some sort of demonstration of it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#11]
During hours of daylight, you won't see much flash from many rifles with 16" or longer barrels. I got a Vortex because it doesn't have to be timed. You just screw it on and go. I plan on buying an AAC Ranger 2 suppressor, so I can switch the two between my two rifles depending on which on I'm shooting.

If I wasn't going to use a suppressor, I'd just keep the A2 that I have on it. I don't shoot at dusk or dawn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top