Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 1:27:33 PM EDT
One of my KAC rail covers has forward and backwards play. Is there anything I can do to tighten this up? It's on an Omega rail.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Do DD rails have the cuts that allow the cover to lock on?  Your rail needs to be designed to take those covers.  The metal clip on the cover needs to snap onto one of the end rail slots that has additional machining, look closely.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One of my KAC rail covers has forward and backwards play. Is there anything I can do to tighten this up? It's on an Omega rail.

Thanks

That's normal.  You could try bending the metal tab, or the whole rail panel slightly to snug it up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.

I have 2 KAC covers on the Omega rail, one is rock solid and one slides about 1/8th of an inch back and forth. The metal clip on the loose one seems loose in the cover itself. I got them for free with the rail, so maybe they are knock offs or something.

I just ordered a flashlight and mount so I guess I need new rail covers anyway. I'll mess with the KAC ones to see if I can force them tight, if not, XTM's will be on the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top