Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2009 8:49:46 AM EDT
guys, i'm going to grab a FF rail sometime this month and can't decide if the Lite is worth the extra money, I already slapped on a low profile gas block so either one is GTG, I just can't see what's different between the 2 models.  The omega uses the existing delta ring, but even then, its only saving what, 15 minutes of tech time? and the gun is on the vise either way.  I'm going with the 9" so if you have one or the other, post a pic and give your opinion please.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Just so you know, not all lo-pro gas blocks will fit under the Omega.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]

I have one of each.  The DD Omega doesn't require a vice and can be installed in about 10 minutes.  

I couldn't find an easy way to get the FSB pins out of the Bravo Co. upper so the DD lite 12.0 went to Adco to have it installed along with an low profile gas block.  If you have the equipment and ability to take off the barrel i'd recommend the Lite rails.  The Lite rails just seem like they mount up so much more solidly than the Omega.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I assembled my own rifle, have the vise and the blocks, adn I have a DD gas block, i'm pretty sure DD rails will fit over it ;)
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have the means and ability I second the DD LIte rail versus Omega although the Omega will not let you down either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have installed DD M4 and Lite rails in 10-15 minutes.

Not sure why the Omega would take someone 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I sound like a wuss saying this, but with a good red dot site, vertical grip, maybe a flashlight.  These things get heavy.  I'd recommend the Lite just because if you save an ounce or two, that's an ounce or two you don't have to carry around.

But I have no direct experience with installing the Lite.  So take my advice and stick it on the way back of your mind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#7]
yea, FWIW, I plan to have a M3 with magnifier on top, MBUS, a SuperTAC light on the side, and a VFG, thats all for now, until i see something i just have to put on it :D
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I have both models and both are excellent quad rails. My recommendation is simple, if you have the ability to pull your barrel without it being a headache then go for the Lite Rail. If you don't have the proper tools or find this intimidating go with the Omega Rail. My thoughts are that the Lite Rail's mounting system is as good as it gets bar none.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Had an Omega. Sold it & bought the 9" Lite.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had the  DD M4 for a while and I really love it.    The M4 would be my suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Lite and an M4.  I personally don't like the Omega simply because of the split tube design.  I'm not saying it isn't quality, I simply don't like more parts.  

I love the light rail and wish I had bought the light rail the first time around.  Anyway they are both GTG.  Go with the light for the weight savings although it is only a couple of ounces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top