Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2009 8:51:08 AM EDT
Saw these in an Ad in SWAT magazine. Haven't heard them discussed before. I did a search and found zero so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

They claim improved accuracy, velocity, muzzle rise reduction, and of course flash suppression. Anyone ever seen or used one of these?

http://www.micorind.com/default.aspx?id=271
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a twisty, titanium A2, for 10x the price.
Do the math...

Spend that money on a Vortex.
I get 0.5moa all day with the 308.

previous threads:
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The website says they are also available in titanium, not made of titanium exclusively. That, and the 59.95 price isn't that bad when you consider a vortex is 51.00 retail.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The website says they are also available in titanium, not made of titanium exclusively. That, and the 59.95 price isn't that bad when you consider a vortex is 51.00 retail.

O, even better, a  twisty STEEL a2... for 10x the price of a standard A2...

And from the "proof that they group better" posts, group size can fluxuate more than the difference between the A2 and the Micor groups they posted...

BTW, i'm not downing anybody or their product, if there's a market then more power to them, but i'll stick with the Vortex. One of the great things about capitalism.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure I buy into the accuracy claims myself, but if it works as well as the Vortex, doesn't "ping" when used, and acts as a muzzle brake(possibly BATFE or state compliant in some areas) for the money it can"t be all bad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, searched Brownells by "Micor" and the product number they give and couldn't find them.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if one would get the slight accuracy gain by installing a 1/9 Micor on a 1/7 barrel, and vice versa  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hmm, searched Brownells by "Micor" and the product number they give and couldn't find them.  

That is usually the case when they are going to carry the product but don't yet have info on it yet (pictures, etc.) Give it a few weeks.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like they're using ARFCOM to advertise their product;  they've got two links to threads here on the website.

What's the policy on this?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The links are to the testimonials, I see nothing wrong with that

<––not a mod though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top