Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 6:23:33 PM EDT
Hi guys:

I have a RR standard two stage.  It's an OK trigger, but I want to lighten up the second stage pull without sacrificing the crsipness of the pull.  Are there springs or other modifications that I can do to lighten up the pull on the second stage?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  No one has modified their RRA trigger?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine came modded from WOA

Seems they can be lightened;  my understanding is if you go too far you end up with a single stage.

Don't know how it's done.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi guys:

I have a RR standard two stage.  It's an OK trigger, but I want to lighten up the second stage pull without sacrificing the crsipness of the pull.  Are there springs or other modifications that I can do to lighten up the pull on the second stage?

Thank you!

I installed the JP reduced power springs (yellow marked) which reduced the second stage pull weight to about 4 lbs. but the primer strikes were very light on SRM primers. I put the stock hammer spring back in while retaining the yellow trigger spring and wound up with a 5-5.5 lb. pull. That is better than oem by a long shot since I couldn't even get the trigger scale to register on that trigger before it bottomed out.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is similar in design to a Garand and M14 trigger group.  You may be able to use the same methods that lightened these trigger groups to lighten your RRA.  Too much, and you will turn it into a single stage trigger.  I suggest that you buy one already tuned from White Oak Armament.

If you aren't happy with it currently, this is the way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top