Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 11:46:40 AM EDT
Finally got something rolling with another AR. It took almost 20years, but I have a 2nd AR now. This is still a FrankenMiddy though. I have a borrowed Eotech until I figure out what irons I want to get. I probably won't go with a dot sight. I like KISS, but snagged the flat top upper since BCM had them in stock briefly when I checked. Lower is robbed from my 20" Colt A2. I bought a DPMS offset pin so I can see how the middy feels with an A2 stock. They fit me, but I was thinking of going with an EMOD or CTR. Still not sure yet. Waiting on my Stag LPK to put in my CMMG receiver. Bolt and carrier are Denny's HD setup. Rock River handguards. I'm liking it so far, just need to make time for the range. Question on the Eotechs. When I turn it on, it is always back to the lowest light setting. Is this the way they work or is something wrong. Not sure if I like having to bump up the brightness everytime I turn it on. Thanks and here's a pic...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Lookin' pretty good.  Add BUIS and it will still be KISS.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty good selection of parts.  

Buy an Aimpoint and leave it on the intensity you want, don't worry about changing it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice middy.

I've got both the EMOD and CTR stocks and I would recommend the EMOD if you have a heavy front end carbine with rails and the CTR if you have a standard handguards and lightweight front end.

The EMOD balances out a heavy front end carbine but if your front end is light the EMOD stock is too heavy for it and would have a bad balance.

I also have both EOTech 551 and Aimpoint, with my EOTech when I first turn it on it would be in the middle brightness setting, I'm not sure if all EOTech models are that way.

+1 I agree if you have issues with your EOTech I would recommend replacing it with any Aimpoint model, the Aimpoints are more reliable in my very long experience with them since 1989.

ETA:

It took me also a long time to get my second AR, it took me 14 years, I replaced my first SP1 rifle with a brand new A2 rifle after 13 years, then the year after that I bought my second new A2 carbine.

Then a year after my carbine I got my third new A2 HBAR rifle, that's Black Rifle Disease.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My middy used to where an A2 stock... Honestly, I really liked it that way.

If I was going to build a straight up, this is the only AR I will have for the rest of me life, I would have a middy with an A1 or A2 stock... Flat top of course with an ARMS 40 rear and an AimPoint or EoTech.

Mine is  a sabre Defense, but the BCM looks just as good to me!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been thinking of a Sully stock also. As far as A1 stocks, what is the quality of the Cav Arms stocks?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#7]
yes your EO should be on brightness level 10 out of 20, so right in the middle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been thinking of a Sully stock also. As far as A1 stocks, what is the quality of the Cav Arms stocks?

My wife's AR has a CavArms A1 stock on it.  It fits great and is very solid.  She's never abused it thought, but it seems plenty durable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#9]
For the love of god man, put a collapsible stock on that rifle!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top