BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 8:58:10 AM EDT
Looking to dress up my AR not sure what is the better stock
a CTR version or A MOE Mapul stock
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The CTR has a friction lock, the MOE does not.

The friction lock works well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had both, I can't tell a big difference from them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The CTR has a friction lock, the MOE does not.

The friction lock works well.

The CTR also has a QD swivel mount, which the MOE lacks.

I bought a CTR, and it currently resides on my Colt 6721.  For my LMT/PWA M4gery, I decided that I was going to keep running a single-point sling, so the QD swivel was superfluous.  I decided to save the money and get the MOE stock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both, the CTR fits virtually solid while the MOE have a very slight movement but not as bad as your usual M4 stocks.

The CTR also have a quick release sling swivel connection but the MOE don't have it but it still have sling mounting slots.

Both have included very good rubber buttpads and both stocks are of very high quality, just find out which features you like and I'm sure you won't get disappointed.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If you need the friction lock and sling swivel, then you need the CTR. If not, the MOE is cheaper and of the same quality.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
A CTR is "better" because it has more features, and the friction lock is just...nice.

I will say this, I had a CMT mil-spec receiver extension and even when locked, the CTR moved forward and back slightly. I replaced the CMT setup with a BCM mounting kit and that same CTR locks up like a frigging bank vault. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you need the friction lock and sling swivel, then you need the CTR. If not, the MOE is cheaper and of the same quality.

This.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I would not make a "better" judgement comparing two different Magpul stocks.  Magpul has 5 (okay, 4 at this moment) stocks, all for different purposes.    The MOE stock is a base model stock, the CTR has a couple more bells and whistles.  If you don't need the friction lock (I love it, personally) or the QD cusp, I would say save your money and go with the MOE stock.  If you want buttstock storage, save your money, and join the line waiting for the ACS.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Buy both & decide for yourself. Sell the one you don't like.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Buy both & decide for yourself. Sell the one you don't like.

That's what I did.  Decided the friction lock really didn't add any value for me, and since I'm running a single point sling on that SBR I didn't need the swivel point.  So, I kept the MOE and sold the CTR.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top