Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2009 3:49:56 PM EDT
I'm a poor boy and I want to get a quad rail for my ar 15, I still want a decent name brand system.  I have seen a couple of KAC systems on ebay for like 100ish but I don't know how to tell which ones are real and which ones are airsoft.  Is there any way to tell?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm a poor boy and I want to get a quad rail for my ar 15, I still want a decent name brand system.  I have seen a couple of KAC systems on ebay for like 100ish but I don't know how to tell which ones are real and which ones are airsoft.  Is there any way to tell?

If the item location is in Hong Kong, it's Airsoft.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=439183

I asked the same thing.  Should be a little information there.  There is also a link in that thread to a Members Only thread, that if you become an arfcom member, you can look at.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
There is some legit stuff on Ebay but most of its is knock-off junk.

If someone is selling KAC rail systems (new) for $100 they are fake. Retail is about $328. Use some common sense, and realize you arent going to be getting a NIB KAC rail system for $100.

Either buy on the EE from someone who has lots of pictures (mainly the underside where the markings are at and the rail parts), or buy from someone like Operationparts.com or you can even buy them off the KAC website direct now.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Support the US economy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Read it carefully.  Often see Daniel Defense "STYLE" Omega Rail OR Knights Armament "STYLE" RIS II Rail, etc.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the item location is in Hong Kong, it's Airsoft.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+1

If it's on eBay it's airsoft.

A word of experience, check customs regs before ordering any real firearms parts from overseas.

Some stuff can't be imported and some requires tariffs to be paid.

All the HK/Chicom/Taiwan stuff coming in is being imported as airsoft parts & accessories.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:09:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a complete RAS kit brand new off eBay for $160. It is legit. Most fake gear on eBay will be advertised as such or have "style" in the description.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep looking on the Equipment Exchange here, it is not uncommon to see well used but serviceable KAC two piece rail sets for $150, for the carbine length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top