Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2009 3:29:47 PM EDT
These rail covers are real nice but I can not figure out how they lock into place, any ideas???
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They may or may not lock onto your particular rail. the rail they were designed for has a different profile on some segments of the rail for them to lock on to. The metal tabs on the KAC rail covers lock into a cutout in the recesses on the KAC rail units.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What rail are you using?  It may not be compatible with the KAC rail covers.  The Knights rails have a specific cut in the last notch at either end of the rail.  The clip on the KAC rail panel locks into this notch.  I have never tried to use these rail panels on non KAC rails.  Someone may know of a way to modify the rail cover to get it to work but I have never tried it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I was afraid of that, thanks for the help. I guess I'll include them in my next EE post.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Slide the KAC handguard covers on KAC or KAC compatible rails with cutouts on the first and last position, then apply thumb pressure to the center of the metal spring latch and move the latch to the cutout on the rail.

KAC Installation Instructions for M4/ M5 RAS - link

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
My KAC covers fit on my DD Omega lower rail just fine.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
They will fit on KAC, DD & MI rails. Not sure what other brands will accomodate them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]
You could take a jewelers file and file you a small notch on each side of your very last groove.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
No need to file your rail.

Remove the KAC rail keeper and file or better yet grind the ends to fit your rail.

I did this on my wife's AR and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They will fit on KAC, DD & MI rails. Not sure what other brands will accomodate them.

Surefire
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surefire

YHM Lightweights
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My LaRue and older four year old Samson rails have notches at the front and rear slots that will take KAC panels.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LaRue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top