Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 7:30:20 AM EDT
I recently saw that a bunch of places sell solid lead weights to fit into the A2 stock and that sounds like something that really could help with balance and accuracy...but I was just wondering if I would have to buy a new stock or if there is anything I could add to my telescoping stock? here is a link to the stock I have:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=300

Am I able to add some weights to this or would I have to invest in a whole new stock?

Anyone out there with experience feel free to speak up if this is a valuable performance upgrade? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#1]
To add any significant weight you'll problably be better of just getting an A2, they're only $60.

The only ways that I can think of to add weight to an M4 stock are to put a stock saddle on and fill it with batteries and use a Gen I stock body as opposed to a Gen II. But this is only going to ad like 8 ounces at the cost of $40
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
yea, cost to benefit doesnt sound like it would be worth if for 8oz....does adding weight make much of a difference?

Also, could anyone recommend a good soft cheek rest that I could attach? I have been checking out this, but I wasn't sure if were soft or not?

http://www.combathunting.com/REMINGTON_870-Adjustable_Cheekrest_Advanced_Technology_ATI.html
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#3]
CAA stock saddle

Ever check out the CAA stock saddle?  Link above.  You can attach this to your stock, then get some metal rods from Menards, cut them to length, wrap them up w/
electrical tape so they don't raddle.  And stuff them in the battery compartment of the stock saddle.  This will add more weight than batteries for sure!!

And if you have nothing to cut the metal rod w/, get some correct size bolts, they'll work too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks, that looks like a good option....does adding weight to the stock make much of a difference in accuracy and balance?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Metal rods are a good idea, I guess I was thinking more along lines of practicallity.

Adding weight to the buttstock will definitely change balance, whether it'll improve accuracy is a matter of that new balance point being better for you. It won't improve the rifle's accuracy but may improve yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top