Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2009 7:45:33 AM EDT
I am about to build my first AR. I am a lefty, and although I have always had standard rifles, the idea of a L/H version intrigues me.

I have been doing research on the L/H rifles and have not been able to find a definitive answer on the actual differences between the standard and L/H Bolts and Barrels.

Does anyone have pictures of the two versions?

Would it just be simpler to buy a complete Stag upper, and not have to worry about these issues.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a left hand bolt carrier group, upper, and a barrel with an ambi extension.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I realize that these parts are needed! I am trying to find out what the actual difference is in the L/H parts.

I have found vendors for the L/H Bolt. I assume that the extractor is reversed to throw the casing to the left, but I haven't found anyone listing a barrel with an Ambi Extension.

I am just trying to understand what the L/H Barrel Extension looks like, so if I see one, I will know what it is!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
sent you an IM
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Any luck on finding barrels with an ambi extension?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Some makers, Noveske comes to mind, will install an ambi extension upon request when ordering.

ETA: Wondering if any machinists/smiths could comment on the viability of making ambi cuts to an existing barrel/extension to enable left hand use?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top