Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2009 6:18:20 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm looking into an 18" upper heavy barrel, but was wondering does anyone know how much is the weight difference between say and 18" heavy and light barrel?  Would it be that noticeable?  I want accuracy and reliability while keeping a good amount of mobility.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
well i'm going with a midlength gas system and regular hand guards at the moment. I'm hopin that won't make it too heavy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I'm looking into an 18" upper heavy barrel, but was wondering does anyone know how much is the weight difference between say and 18" heavy and light barrel?  Would it be that noticeable?  I want accuracy and reliability while keeping a good amount of mobility.  Thanks.

Just my opinion but an 18" HBAR is not something I would say has a "good amount of mobility" by any stretch.  Barely able to be shot offhand comfortably is a better description IMO.

Once you scope it and load a full mag its not light anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would send it Steve @ ADCO and have it shaved down to Light Wt profile...

To me being able to hold the rifle on target for a while helps in accuracy and mobility

Get a good crown on it and you should have no worries....

imo
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
how much is a good shave haha?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top