Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 9:52:45 PM EDT
I was thinking about getting one of these for my M4. Anybody have a review of one on a 14.5" barrel? I've seen the full auto video on their website and its very impressive. Wanted a actuall review from an AFCOM member. Thanks.

- Wes

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=27&idcategory=2
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the FSC556 flash suppressing version and I love it. Little to no muzzle rise and the whole combination (rifle buffer, rifle gas system, heavy-ish SPR profile barrel, and FSC556) adds up to .22LR like recoil. Others have told me its quite loud, but I haven't noticed anything significant when others are shooting my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#2]
That night fire demonstration on the PWC website with the FSC556 is quite impressive. I think I might get that one instead. Thanks for the post. Do you notice any muzzle rize during rapid fire?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one and it really does make a difference in recoil (not that an AR has any recoil to begin with though). Also, it is significantly louder than an A2 style FH. I like it, looks cool.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not really concerned about recoil, more so about muzzle rize and how quick I can get shots on target accurately in quick rapid fire bursts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the FSC556 on a scoped rifle shooting from a bipod, so I haven't done any real rapid fire with it. That said, the crosshairs don't seem to move at all on 100 yard targets so I'd feel real comfortable doing rapid fire with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
In my own testing, FSC556-equipped 14.5 middy is easier to keep on target than 16 inch middy with regular flash hider. As many have noted above, with FSC all rifle movement is recoil, but no muzzle rise. I've not done low-light shooting to comment on flash suppression, but if you're interested in DNTC, I assume it'll be very bright.

As far as noise is concerned, it is very loud. I once was asked by a range officer what kind of beasty caliber my AR was chambered for...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top