Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 8:50:04 PM EDT
Hey gang,
I am new to the AR system and just received my BCM middie upper.  I got a new bolt and it came with an o-ring.  Where does the o-ring go?  I am assuming it is for the gas tube.  I searched for a diagram with no luck.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
For me, the trash can, for others, it goes around the extractor spring.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For me, the trash can,

+1

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey gang,
I am new to the AR system and just received my BCM middie upper.  I got a new bolt and it came with an o-ring.  Where does the o-ring go?  I am assuming it is for the gas tube.  I searched for a diagram with no luck.

Thanks

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=397989
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for help guys.  This info helped a ton.  Learn something new every day!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Just start looking for QUIB's post on maintenance/cleaning/disassmbly - you'll start learning a ton in a hurry, highly recommended.
I run the black donut spacer on the bolts I run with crappy ammunition, but with a wolff springs the standard extractor setup is just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top