Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 6:24:16 AM EDT
hi! I am contemplating putting a piston system under my carbine length rifle
I have installed a DD omega as rails, so what manufacturers will fit under the omega rails with modifying anything to the handguard or the gas port? Help me out :)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
None of them will fit without some modifications to the rail.  You don't need a piston, just leave it alone and buy more guns or ammo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
www.primaryweapons.com  offers the piston conversion for 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62x39.  You must send them your upper and allow them to install it.  According to the website, it will be returned in 3 weeks and comes with a lifetime garauntee.  An adjustable gas system is also installed for controlled gas w/ suppressed/un-suppressed fire.  I do not own one but it is the best I've seen through my own research.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.primaryweapons.com  offers the piston conversion for 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62x39.  You must send them your upper and allow them to install it.  According to the website, it will be returned in 3 weeks and comes with a lifetime garauntee.  An adjustable gas system is also installed for controlled gas w/ suppressed/un-suppressed fire.  I do not own one but it is the best I've seen through my own research.

this is the piston system I woudl recommend, five months with one and so far about 5k plus rounds with no FTF, easy to clean and a very clean install. best of all, no carrier tilt.....

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the PWS system requires modifying the DD rail, and enlarging the gas port slightly. Neither of these procedures fit what the OP is looking for, I assume he meant "without modifying".
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
That's why I said "PWS". The OP said he doesn't want his Omega modified, and doesn't want to modify his gas port. The PWS requires that you do both.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
check w/ Kurt

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/967766.htm

he has a low pro gb too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top