Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 3:01:54 PM EDT
looking into a Cav arms lower, the plastic looking one for a walk around AR i want to throw together, but im not finding much feedback or anything on it.

is it a decent lower? strong? weight?

i guess im more worried about balance since i may be putting a armalite M15(T) upper on it. but will probably end up with a mid length 16" with a quad rail handguard.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Good lowers. Check out the industry forum here CavArms for a lot of info.

I got one primarily to make a .45ACP AR. I love it. I went ahead and got a 20" 5.56 upper for it, too. Very solid, good to go in my book. The only thing I didn't like about it was the chintzy butt plate. I replaced it with a DPMS all mil-spec butt plate. (To be totally fair, the butt plate that comes with the CavArms lower would probably last a long time, especially if you're just shooting at the range. But I'm used to mil-spec butt plates and the little piece of rubber that connects the trap door to the plate just wasn't doing it for me. JMO.) At any rate, the lower is good to go! Made out of the same type of plastic that polymer frame pistols are made out of, it should last a while. CavArms has run over 50,000 rounds through a lower and it's still going. I heartily recommend them.

In .45ACP (with CavArms hand guards):

And in 5.56 with CavArms hand guards:

My advice: Buy one!

Hope it helps.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... since i may be putting a armalite M15(T) upper on it. but will probably end up with a mid length 16" with a quad rail handguard.

You know Armalite sells a Cav Arms version under their Eagle Arms brand, Dont you?

www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=CA2001&Category=6cbed56f-b6fd-453c-85b1-b90f24770ad3
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
With a A1 upper and a 16" barrel, mine weighs exactly five pounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top