Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 12:08:53 AM EDT
I was just finalizing my shopping cart (which had several ORM-D items) and looked at the shipping FAQ, and it seems to clearly indicate that they will tack on an extra $20 for ORM-D shipments.  

Having done a little research (and having been formerly HAZMAT certified), it seems that neither FedEx nor UPS require an additional fees or paperwork for ORM-D ground shipments beyond the blue sticker on the box.  Also, neither firm requires any sort of contract to ship these items either.

So, does Brownells really do this, and if so, that is really frakked up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
All the shipments on Dura Coat from Brownells didn't require addition charges, but did have the blue decal.  It was the standard flat rate fee of 9.50 or what ever it is now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered some Alumahyde (which is considered ORMD) and didn't have to pay that, just standard shipping.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Response from Brownells . . .

Sorry for the confusion, the $20 charge is only for hazardous
items such as our 40# Oxynate or 40# Bluing Salts. Regular ORM-D items
can go UPS ground for our flat $9.95 rate. Hope this clears up the
confusion. If you have any additional questions, just let me know.

Sincerely,

Elisa Bardole
MIL/LE Managed Acct. Rep.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top