Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:45:54 AM EDT
I want to get a railed forearm for my AR and its a 14.7 w/pinned flash hider so that kinda limits me to 2 piece stuff. I don't want to cut off the delta ring either. I really wanted a KAC ras ii but operation parts is out of the ones that come with the vfg and extra rail panel, and I haven't seen a deal that good elsewhere. The MI 2 piece carbine handguard looks very similar to regular KAC RAS and it's a hell of a lot cheaper! Looks to be good quality as well. What do you guys think? I was looking at getting one from rainierarms, so if Stickman has any pics or advice....

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Stickman...pics....Oh I think you can count on Stick having pics...

Never had the MI, but a friend did.  I hear good things about it.  The one I saw in person was locked up tight, no wiggle with just a VFG attached to it.  The MI gets fairly high praises on the board as far as DI handguards go.  

I know Bravo Company carries them and always has good prices.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice rail. I picked mine up from Aimsurplus for $129 + .01c shipping.

The finish is great. The thing was a real chore to get on even with a delta ring tool.

Mine does have a sliiiight bit of play in the bottom half though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I love em.

I have Knight Ras and Larues on my other guns.

$ for $ MI are the best bang for the buck. If you are not building a laser, then the MI's are great. Rails are in spec.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top