Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2007 10:07:06 AM EDT
I was looking on Tapco's website and noticed they have multi-cam stocks, and rail panels.  I haven't ever used any of their furniture before...does anyone have any experience with it or know if it is of decent quality?
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a reason that the term "Tapco-fucked" exists.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap-Co
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
i don't own any of their plastic items... but their G2 AK triggers and slant brakes are nice
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it might depend a bit on the platform. I've never used, or been tempted to use, any of their AR stuff, but they do OK with SKS parts.  Of course, if SKS parts were your concern you wouldn't be asking here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The Tapco item that I used in the past was cheap junk.  That part is now at the dump!
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the stock and rail panels.  Just a guess, but the rail panels look like promag.  The stock looks like an  Cavarms maybe, or at least looks the same as.  I just bought the body, I had the tube and buffer.  Doesn't say "made in china" anywhere.

Its a finish over black furniture, almost looks like spray paint, but has a seam like a decal on the top of the stock.  I have no time on it to know how it holds up yet.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#7]
BS.

Tapco AR furniture is as good as most on the market. I used there furniture for M16 to M4 conversions during OIF II. Not a single failure of any part under combat conditions.  I use their stuff on occassion today. I also have the MC camo stock and rail covers. The plastic parts do feel like the nylon CavArms uses in their products but I have no proof if they are indeed Cav Arms. Irrelevent anyway as the products are good.

Yes there is a seem on the top of the stock that annoyed me. I filed it off as much as possible without taking the dry film camo off.

If you search the archives from 2004-2005, you can read my write ups on some of the "cheap" parts I used with great success in combat. Tapco quality has noticeably increased on the past few years.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Some stuff they sell is okay
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Well on mine the seam was smooth, just a split in the pattern.  I am just wondering how long it will take to wear through the camo.  The stock itself is fine IMO.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Have Tapco bits on 2 of my AR's & AK & it's just fine, all rifles see regular use & I've had no issues at all.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I love their AK triggers and such, but a lot of mounts and scopes I've purchased from them have been a little subpar.  

I also find this a bit comical:

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all your input guys.

From what I can tell...These Tapco parts may not be as fancy as some AR furniture parts out there...but they are good enough to stand up to pretty much any use I can give them.

The Multi-cam furniture looks pretty cool!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
junk
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Tapco and AR15 do not go well together. Tapco and say SKS or AK, they go together when certain parts are used. They make outstanding AK fire control groups, AK gas pistons, and such........
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#15]
No one I know who carries a AR pofessionally uses this cheap Chinese made junk.

If it's a toy for the range... don't matter.....

Some may have used there stuff and got lucky.... and if you rely on luck as part of a master plan....well...good luck to you....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#16]
How about this? Order some AR furniture and if you think it's junk, send it back for a refund.

I'm not neccessarily a staunch supporter of Tapco but the vast majority of stone throwers have never used their products or are unaware of major quality control improvements in Tapco products. Their AR furniture looks identical to BM and RRA parts leading me to believe they are made by the same manufacturer.

I did a few custom builds with their SKS stocks and the parts were outstanding and easy to install.

I used there products personally and professionally (including a year in Iraq) for 3 years now with no complaints. I never had a part not work or break. And after all, isn't that the bottom line?

Everyone on this site jumped on the "Leaper Sucks" band wagon as well until I did a review of one of their scopes I was using in Iraq. LMT may make a higher quality AR but the features that make it higher quality are not needed by the vast majority of shooters who can be served quite well with a Stag Arms or other player in the market.

Same situation here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#17]
TangoChaser

How about this? Order some AR furniture and if you think it's junk, send it back for a refund.

I'm not neccessarily a staunch supporter of Tapco but the vast majority of stone throwers have never used their products or are unaware of major quality control improvements in Tapco products. Their AR furniture looks identical to BM and RRA parts leading me to believe they are made by the same manufacturer.

I did a few custom builds with their SKS stocks and the parts were outstanding and easy to install.

I used there products personally and professionally (including a year in Iraq) for 3 years now with no complaints. I never had a part not work or break. And after all, isn't that the bottom line?

Everyone on this site jumped on the "Leaper Sucks" band wagon as well until I did a review of one of their scopes I was using in Iraq. LMT may make a higher quality AR but the features that make it higher quality are not needed by the vast majority of shooters who can be served quite well with a Stag Arms or other player in the market.

Same situation here.

I disagree somewhat.. I know this will come across as snobbish... but I have never been dissapointed with buying what I consider to be good quality. Were not talking about every Tapco component breaking right out of the box.. you of all people should know that when Murphy rears its head.. it's gonna be against the Tapco's and Leapers and NCStars of the world.

You can get away with a lot if your only a few guys running it... outfit an entire Brigade with this stuff and you will see a much different story...

Not going in to harms way you say..... then non of this is important anyhow..

The odds are in my favor that I could run some of this stuff and never have a problem in my lifetime with it....Like I said.. I don't rely on luck much. My experiences have taught me to plan better then that.

In the end.. your choices vs mine....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Not snobbish at all. I would like to add that due to the cost of making molds for buttstocks, rail covers, eyc. I doubt very much that Tapco makes there own AR products. Based on my experience with their products, they look exactly like stuff I have from the big name companies. Chances are they are buying the stuff from big name companies and calling them theirs. Don't know for sure.

My point being, the name of the company is not always synonomous with poor quaility.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I love their AK triggers and such, but a lot of mounts and scopes I've purchased from them have been a little subpar.  

www.tapco.com/HTML/Homepage/mainimage.jpg

31W outside of Fort Knox?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.tapco.com/HTML/Homepage/mainimage.jpg

31W outside of Fort Knox?

I doubt thet they went to KY to do a pic of some guys dressed up like real military (I promise you, thry're not) carrying rifles dolled up w/their stuff.

Probably somewhere off US 41 in Cobb County GA, where they hang their hats.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:12:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:14:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top