Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2007 9:28:19 PM EDT
Hey guys in process of my first build just wandering what you all thought of the command arms m4 modular stock. I am wanting to do some target distance shooting and do not want to spend $300 bucks on a "sniper stock". And I like the command arms because you can add the adjustable cheekpiece. Just let me know what you guys think. Need to order one by nov 28th. Thanks for replys.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=350731&page=1#bottom

See the above thread.  As I said there, I like the stocks but I don't do the cheek-piece.  I just picked up a second to go on a Mesa Tactical LEO adapter.  This stock is just as tight as the 1st.  I did have to do a wee bit of fitting to swap the battery compartment/rail pieces around for left handed use, but it was no big deal.  I can't advise you on using it for distance shooting, a more experienced soul will need to do that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got one a few weeks ago from Midway. I was suprised at how nice it is.  Very tight on the buffer tube, no rattling, and easy to use.  The battery compartment is very  convenient.  No fighting with plugs and foam pieces to get the batteries out.  Don't have the cheekpiece so I can't give any advice on it.  I use mine on a 14.5" with an Eotech mounted directly on the rail, so I don't need the extra heigth of of a cheekpiece.  Would probably be good for long range shooting, especially if your scope sits high.  If you get the cheekpiece, give us a report.  Might use one if I do another long range build.  Thanks in advance, and good luck.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
workhardplayharder:

Just found this thread.  The CAA is getting mixed reviews here.  Doesn't change my opinion of em though.  

However.  The cheek weld adapter apparently renders the charging handle inoperable.

Hope this helps.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=350731
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow wished I hadn't read that thread. lol. They are bashing caa of half of them didn't even own the piece that was being discussed. And the part about being made fun of. What is this high school? But Anywas I liked the way it looks, and to me it "looks" like it is made better than the magpul or vltor stuff. My budget was 150 and this came in under that by a long shot, and it like the way it is laid out better. But instead of bashing magpul or vltor I am just gonna state that it just depends on your preference. Anyways, the note about the cheekpiece is greatly appreciated. I appreciate all of your inputs. I will let you all know how i like caa stock, i ordered it saturday, and i am going to wait on the cheekpiece to see what kind of scope rings i get. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey guys in process of my first build just wandering what you all thought of the command arms m4 modular stock. I am wanting to do some target distance shooting and do not want to spend $300 bucks on a "sniper stock". And I like the command arms because you can add the adjustable cheekpiece. Just let me know what you guys think. Need to order one by nov 28th. Thanks for replys.

Check the CAA site for price
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I decided to buy the command arms m4 modular stock found one for $66.00 bucks with tube and everthing. Should be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I decided to buy the command arms m4 modular stock found one for $66.00 bucks with tube and everthing. Should be here tomorrow.

Brownells?
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I recieved my command arms stock today, and I am very satisfied with it. I find it very comfortable, and it slides in position flawlessly. I think it feels very well made, not like cheap chinese plastic like some other 6-pos stocks. I am very happy with decision.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Good deal!
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I recieved my command arms stock today, and I am very satisfied with it. I find it very comfortable, and it slides in position flawlessly. I think it feels very well made, not like cheap chinese plastic like some other 6-pos stocks. I am very happy with decision.

They don't cost enough and CAA is only three words...........need at least 6.  
Good price.  Tell us where.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
66 complete doesnt even sound possible as its below dealer cost.  Where is it at that price?  I carry them on the EE boards but I cant even match that price better yet beat it.

Do you have a dealer account?

www.brownells.com
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
66 complete doesnt even sound possible as its below dealer cost.  Where is it at that price?  I carry them on the EE boards but I cant even match that price better yet beat it.

$59.21 from Midway for anyone with a C&R.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I got a buddy that works at a local gun shop. i'm not sure were he got it from but 66.00 bucks for the stock, buffer, spring, whole nine yards.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Brownells has them much cheaper at the dealer price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top