Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 7:46:57 PM EDT
Ive got an A1 upper that is soon going to be getting a barrel with M4 cut feedramps. I have read the whole feedramp madness thread and understand this comination is only OK... I need better.

I do not feel comfortable taking to the upper with a dremel like described. Is there anyone I can send the upper too that will do the modification for me?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you get a barrel with a standard extension?  All the places that I've seen people receivers to for feed ramp mods all hate doing it.  Some, have even said that they will refuse to do it anymore.  It's trickier than just dremeling them in there.  You then need to get the receiver refinished.  It the extension is M4 cut and the receiver is not; you will be fine.  But, if it's going to bother you a lot, just get a standard barrel extension.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Taking a dremel to it is nothing to be worried about.  Just start slow.  

'Cause that's basically all a shop is going to do anyway.

If you don't feel comfortable w/doing it w/a power tool. you can use a small half round needle file and do it by hand. I've done it that way, and it takes about 1/2 hour, if you're old and slow like me

And I see no need to reanodize the whole piece.  Those cutaway surfaces are under absolutely zero stress. If the bright surfaces bother you, put a drop of Aluminum refinishing solution on them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]
SAW offers the service if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
MSTN
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Dremel does fine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top