Noveske 18" SPR:
   *1 in 7 inch twist improved polygonal rifling
   *5.56 Noveske Match Mod 0 chamber
   *Mid-length gas system
   *Extended feed ramps
   *1/2x28 TPI muzzle threads
   *Bead blasted finish
   *Improved SPR contour
   *Pinned Low Profile Gas Block (Standard)
   *OPS INC collar shelf

Rainier Arms 18 UltraMatch:
   *  Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank
   * Length: 18″ SPR
   * Twist: 1:8
   * .223 Wylde Chamber
   * Midlength Gas System
   * Ratchet Rifling™
   * M4 Feed Ramps
   * WOA Contour
   * Bead Blasted Finish

Does one rifling style have greater benefits than the other?
Would one would you get?  Both are more or less the same price.

Input from Stickman and Noveske barrel owners greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I,m looking to get the Noveske 18in SPR set up- Way more reviews on John products

Rainier Arms 18 UltraMatch- I have not seen any write ups/reviews
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I;d also consider Adcofirearms.com...the WOA SPR 18" as well...for the cost you can use the left over for  ammo and other accessories... Shoots just as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I was also wondering about the Ultramatch barrels for a SPR build but I have not found any information on this site or any other about them. Makes me wonder. The Novy will be a great, and expensive choice. WOA uses Wilson Arms blanks for their barrels. Nothing wrong with them and might be worth a look into. There is also the SPR-M barrels from Dennys/Global tactical. They use Douglas blanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
how long do you have to wait for the Noveske ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Question - are you going to shoot handloaded or match ammo always? If not, buy the WOA and spend the money wisely elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
WOA, have one and love it. Cheaper too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Shot my WOA out to 630 yards this weekend and hit the 5 inch steel all day long.

Shot a 6 shot 1.7" group at 300yards....WOA seems to be just fine for me....Spend the extra $200-300 on a nice DD freefloat and more ammo for PRACTICE!!!

The barrel is cheap enough to use and abuse and get another one when needed...if you want to loook at it that way.

I dont care about blasting away a 100 rounds during training without cleaning and letting it cool too much and worry about blowing away a 500-600 setup.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I can only speak of a recon 16.1 8P I have like a prior poster said it shoots 1-1.5 moa very easy.even using "lower quality" ammo it still comes close to that.

but the other one in your question is the next one I would like to try.
I have been looking for one with specs like it.

Rainier Arms 18 UltraMatch:
* Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank ***
* Length: 18″ SPR ***
* Twist: 1:8 ***
* .223 Wylde Chamber ***
* Midlength Gas System ***
* Ratchet Rifling™ ***
* M4 Feed Ramps ***
* WOA Contour
* Bead Blasted Finish

the *** marked is what I am considering. WOA has some nice product and either of the 2 you put here is very good.but I know of Noveske's cust service.you can't ask for better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
how long do you have to wait for the Noveske ?

From things I've seen on other threads, Noveske is caught up with orders so there shouldn't be any sort of unusual wait or back-order. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top