Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 7:23:16 PM EDT
I am buying a Stag upper.  I am probablly going to get the standard handgaurds since I only plan on putting a VFG on it.  Has anybody had experiances with the rails that screw or bolt on to the bottom of standard handgaurds? Im getting a carbine length system.  How are they? which ones to use or avoid?  thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
they are no replacement for a free float rail system, but for a vertical grip or light they will suffice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
i've had those bolt on rails that attach to the std HGs...they work ok, but the mounting screws did come loose over time and some use (i used blue locktite)

imo, if you want it to be secure, spend the little extra money, get a quality rail system and it will be rock solid (YHM is the best bang for the $)

i used the KAC bolt on rail system; h/w, nowadays, there are lots of bolt on rail systems for less than $20, most of em chicom crap....so spend at your own risk
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am buying a Stag upper.  I am probablly going to get the standard handgaurds since I only plan on putting a VFG on it.  Has anybody had experiances with the rails that screw or bolt on to the bottom of standard handgaurds? Im getting a carbine length system.  How are they? which ones to use or avoid?  thanks guys

Here is what I got for my Entry Tac:

MI tac rail and vertical grip package

It was an easy install and after a couple hundred rounds, the rail has not loosened.  It is pretty solid and I feel is a good deal.  I didn't need to have a full rail system and this setup fits perfectly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top