Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 5:49:39 PM EDT
Anything I can do to fix the wobble on my bushy six position stock? Do I have to buy a new one?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Most that I have used (including my Bushmaster) wiggle a little bit. I just built my next lower with a Magpul CTR. Thats about the most solid one I've used.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If the tube itself has movement then you need to retighten the castle nut.  If the stock itself has movement, there's not much you can do about it.  The Magpul M93 is the only collapsible that doesn't move at least a little.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get some "moleskin" from a sporting goods store.  Commonly used in archery.

It has adhesive backing.  Apply a strip to your buffer tube (usually one on each side) and it will help with the wiggles and maybe even make them go away.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
This has been mentioned before. Use a heat gun and a vise to improve the fit of the stock to the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]
they all do that if you shoot your rifle. if you keep it in the safe it will never wiggle.

my brand new Vltor was tight as a clam's ass and after a while it started to wiggle. no big deal; just shoot your rifle and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used a hair dryer and a vice to get a great fit out of my cheap telestocks.  Just remove the stock from the buffer, place it in the vice, heat it up a bit and go 1/2 turn at a time.  Keep checking the fit on the buffer tube so you don't over-do it.

I've gotten truly great results with this method, BUT I have since replaced all of my hair-dryer specials with MagPul CTRs.  I don't plan to bother with anything else.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Replace it with a Magpul CTR or LMT SOPMOD stock.  No wiggles in either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top