Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 5:16:47 PM EDT
I have a VLTOR Rifle length VIS upper that fits so tight on my lower you have to use a rubber hammer to seat the rear detent pin in all the way. I originally used a NOVESKE/CMT Lower and couldn't get the rear detent in all the way without using my rubber hammer. Tried a POF Billet Lower....same thing.

I guess it's better to be tight v.s. loose, but this is a little extreme.

Anybody else experienced the same with their VIS?

Thanks...03 out!!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine fits perfect on my POF lower.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep I tap it in with a brass punch on takedown and assembly.
it will loosen eventually.
it could be loose so I am not complaining
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was tight originally also but it's perfect now!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies gents. I've only experienced this problem one other time years ago with a pre-ban Coal Valley Eagle Arms Lower that I mated to a new Colt R6721 Tactical Carbine upper. It pissed me off then and it pisses me off now.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my Thunder Sticks, so anything that isn't picture perfect or 100% in spec really sets me off. I guess I need to lighten up.

Thanks again....03 out!!  

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a VIS on a preban Oly and it fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
VIS is a perfect fit on my Colt lower, no wobble and no tools required to get the pin open and closed.  On any of my Mega lowers it so tight would require a mallet to get the pins closed all the way and a hammer and punch to reopen them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
VIS is a perfect fit on my Colt lower, no wobble and no tools required to get the pin open and closed.  On any of my Mega lowers it so tight would require a mallet to get the pins closed all the way and a hammer and punch to reopen them.

That makes sense that it would fit the Colt. Milspec requires that all Colt uppers and lowers have a tolerance gap loose enough that any Colt upper/lower can be swapped onto another Colt upper/lower. Most, i.e. 99% of all the other vendors boast about machining their uppers and lowers to tighter than Milspec tolerances. I'd imagine it's why we run into the intermittent difficulty of fitting one particular brand lower to another brand upper and vice versa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top