Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 4:28:04 AM EDT
1. I can get either a COLT CAR or STAG/CMT CAR, does anyone have a recomendation.
   I want to know which has a tighter fit (Less wiggle).

2. The STAG/CMT tube has 6 Postions, is the tube longer than MilSpec ?, I know it  has the same diameter as a MilSpec Tube.

3. Is the QUALITY  the same ?

ZZZ
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is a CAR stock then the tube should be the same length as a Colt. If it is an M4 stock then it might be a bit longer. As far as the fit and quality, I think the CMT and Colt stocks are almost identical. The CMT fits as tight as I rmember the Colt fitting, then again I use a Colt 4 position tube on mine as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
if you shoot enough they all start to wobble after a while.

My brand new Vltor was rock solid and after 4-5 trips to the range it now wobbles. My friends aluminum Colt car stock shakes rattles and rolls, but still does the job.

I bought a car stock from Bravo Company and it was claimed to be a CMT stock but it had the commercial tube. To me, it really doesn't matter too much.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah,as long as it is not a cheap, no name buttstock then it should be fine. Even some of the no names are not that bad.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]
for reference: Ive used many of Stag's "milspec" tubes with Magpul's original CTR stock and they fit snug w/no wobble. I did put a Colt CAR stock body on a Stag tube and there was no noticable wobble.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a CMMG stock, that is still a bit stiff to move because it is so tight on the tube I had on the carbine =no-name.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Riggers tape fixes them all.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
ZZZ
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Got the COLT CAR.

ZZZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top