Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2007 7:45:38 AM EDT
  I know this has been probably asked before but I can not seem to find anything on this question. Sooo here goes.... I have a NIB Colt SP slab sided lower with a .315 front pivot /takedown pin hole. I recently picked up a NIB LMT M-4- type upper with  .250  front and rear pin holes. My question is, can I use KNS push button release pins in place of the Colt two part screw pivot pin in order to mate the LMT Upper with the Colt SP Lower? If not any other suggestions on how to do this i.e products that are availiable?? I'd like to avoid to the two part Colt pin but, if I have no choice, than thats' that!!  

Thanks for all your help!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
  I know this has been probably asked before but I can not seem to find anything on this question. Sooo here goes.... I have a NIB Colt SP slab sided lower with a .315 front pivot /takedown pin hole. I recently picked up a NIB LMT M-4- type upper with  .250  front and rear pin holes. My question is, can I use KNS push button release pins in place of the Colt two part screw pivot pin in order to mate the LMT Upper with the Colt SP Lower? If not any other suggestions on how to do this i.e products that are availiable?? I'd like to avoid to the two part Colt pin but, if I have no choice, than thats' that!!  

Thanks for all your help!

You would need a large hole lower to small hole upper adapter, KNS are either straight pin small hole .250" dia. or large hole .315" dia. they won't work.

Here's the link of what I used before, but most offset pin adapter usually rotates and you have to rotate the adapter pin slightly to align the rear takedown pin, the best way is just to match a large hole upper to a large hole lower, same with the small hole uppers and lowers, which is what I did.

Now I have modern small pivot hole Colt and LMT lowers.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/arunfrcopinn.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Here's the link of what I used before, but most offset pin adapter usually rotates and you have to rotate the adapter pin slightly to align the rear takedown pin, the best way is just to match a large hole upper to a large hole lower, same with the small hole uppers and lowers, which is what I did.

Now I have modern small pivot hole Colt and LMT lowers.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/arunfrcopinn.html

AR3 is correct. If you don't want to go to the trouble of converting your SP1 lower to a small hole, by sleeving the two ears, your only option is to get an adapter type, and the one he references at CDNN is the only type I've ever found that won't drive you nuts by rotating out of position every time you open the action.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Pardon my ignorance on this, but what do you guys mean when you use the term "sleeving"??
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
THIS iTEM IS ALL YOU NEED TO MATE THE UPPER AND LOWER. YOU CAN ORDER THIS FROM ANY OF THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS SITE. You slide it through the hole, Screw it tight and there you go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top