Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:57:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PursuitSS] [#1]
Originally Posted By truemajik:
For all those of you out there who are wondering here are the facts.  There are only a few actual companies that completely mill there own stuff and all the rest are subcontracted- period.  I know because I am one of the actual machinists that mill the receivers and I Own the company.    I have attached a list of who mills for who so you guys dont get confused.  

LMT- mills for
Lauer, DS arms, PWA, Eagle, Armalite, Knights Armament, And Barrett

CMT- mills for
Stag, Rock River Arms, High standard, Noveski, Century, Global tactical, CLE, S & W, MGI, Wilson Tactical, Grenadier, Precision, Colt

LAR- mills for
Bushmaster, Ameetec, DPMS, CMMG, Double star, Fulton Armory, Spikes tactical

JVP- mills for
Double star, LRB

Mega Machine- mills for
GSE, Dalphon, POF, Alexander Arms

Olympic- mills for
SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, Century

Sun devil was designed by TKS engeneering

Superior arms mills for superior.

I can't disclose who I am because it would violate the advertising rules but you will see my new ads here soon.  
Contact me private message if you have any questions about who mills for who.  I can prove it all.

I hope I dont upset anyone but these are the facts
View Quote

The "CMT machines for Colt" is utter B.S.!

Photos from Colt tour (a few months old)

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wanted to say thanks for the thread and info. I have a couple places near me that sell Spikes and DPMS and wasn't sure if any one was better than another. This really shows that there isn't much difference in any and all will work.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you guys know if Lockestone mills their own lowers, or if they are subcontracted lowers?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
who does aero make lowers for & also who makes seekins lowers
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
What about Aero Precision & Anderson Manufacturing ?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Aero is gtg, and others say Anderson is as well.  It's basically choose your rollmark and price...
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:47:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#7]

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Markbo:
What about Aero Precision & Anderson Manufacturing ?
View Quote

Aero is good stuff.  Their line of products is expanding, and the price is right for great quality.

I even SBR'd one of their lowers.

The horse on that Anderson lower makes me want to slap puppies.  It's that ugly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know or did I miss it who makes the receiver for Balimoy Mfg Co. M16A2?  IIRC these are used by armorers on unserviceable receivers.  Found this on a service gun in Iraq in 08'.

CD
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Anyone know or did I miss it who makes the receiver for Balimoy Mfg Co. M16A2?  IIRC these are used by armorers on unserviceable receivers.  Found this on a service gun in Iraq in 08'.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/16_feb_08_026.JPG

CD
View Quote

In all probability they machine it in house, considering that a CNC can spit these out in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I just matched an SAA (Anderson?) mil spec w/ Magpul MOE complete lower onto my Colt 7.62x39 upper and couldn't be happier.  ...Down to the sounds of the clicks of the trigger on safety testing.  Finish is very good/excellent fit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, I might have missed it, but looking through this thread, I see no mention of BCM.

Any info on these?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
HI all, greetings from New Zealand.
I'm in the process of building a new upper for my colt lower, only to have hit the problem that my lower is of the large pin (.312) type.
would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a retailer that supplies offset pin adapters & is able to export?
many thanks guys & great to see some good toys
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:01:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WSAR15] [#14]
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/599768/dpms-offset-pivot-pin-adapter-bushing-315-to-250-diameter-ar-15-matte
Sorry - wrong one but just in case.

Try this:
Adapts upper receivers with .250" takedown pin holes to fit old Colt lower receivers with 5/16 (.312)" front pivot hole diameter:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/316328/dpms-offset-screw-and-nut-ar-15-matte
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
sadly they are discontinued according to their website
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Many thanks for your help mate, its people like yourself that make & keep shooting a great sport.      
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rn4j0r] [#17]
Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times here, but, the legality of drilling your own 80% lowers.

Do I have to own the drill press/mill to do it or can I simply rent time on a buddies or local places and not have to get an FFL and etc?

If I use someones jig + drill on 80% lowers I purchased myself and drill them myself, is that okay and legal? With no help or guidance from them.

(I'm in Louisiana if that changes anything)

Thank you
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rn4j0r:
Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times here, but, the legality of drilling your own 80% lowers.

Do I have to own the drill press/mill to do it or can I simply rent time on a buddies or local places and not have to get an FFL and etc?

If I use someones jig + drill on 80% lowers I purchased myself and drill them myself, is that okay and legal? With no help or guidance from them.

(I'm in Louisiana if that changes anything)

Thank you
View Quote

The way I understand it is that if they (shop or your buddy) charge you/make a profit for tool/machine rentals for equipment used to make a firearm then they must have an ffl. If they are not charging you then they don't need one. You don't need one in either case....that said, I'd use a buddy's before a shop's just to keep things less messy. A shop may have some liability issues
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:58:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Do you know who makes the PSA lowers?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=2&f=301&t=243849&page=1
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I ran into a trucker earlier this year that pulled a load from somewhere in VA to Anderson in KY. He saw they were lower and upper blanks while unloading. Who has foundries in VA?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey everyone, I'm surprised this thread is still stickied.  I just found my old images so I just fixed a few broken image links.

This list has been out of date since 2007 and now there are so many different homebrew companies that updating this list would just be impossible for me.  

Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
The "CMT machines for Colt" is utter B.S.!
View Quote

I don't know the validity but I had a CMT employee swear up and down they had Colt rollmarks in their tool room from before he worked there, so I have no clue when or why CMT would have those...   I don't see why the employee would have lied to me, but I also don't have any proof either.  

When I originally drafted this list, I actually did speak voice with most of the companies I listed, for whatever that's worth.

Anyway, call BS all you want, this was just an informal list to show the differences between the 4 major manufacturers and only reflects what had happened up till early 2007 until every machine shop in the country started producing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BJ_Beard:
I ran into a trucker earlier this year that pulled a load from somewhere in VA to Anderson in KY. He saw they were lower and upper blanks while unloading. Who has foundries in VA?
View Quote

They use Cerro
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 7:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cliffspot] [#24]
http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=2&f=301&t=243849&page=1
That thread only shows the different types of lowers coming out of PSA. Doesn't say who makes them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anderson manufacturing supply anyone or do the get supplied?
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top