Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2007 6:22:48 PM EDT
I bought two complete lowers and am looking for a couple of deals on some uppers. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a plain jane m4 or a2 upper. The best I've been able to find is $430 for a chromed M4 uppper. Anything better out there price wise??

thanks ahead of time
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone??
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ameetec had some good deals...I think they had a complete 16" for $400.00. Chrome lined for $430.00
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I take it Ameetec is the best thing going right now. I can't even find anything cheaper than that in the EE. I really don't want to spend more than $350 for one. I haven't priced parts, but would it be cheaper to build one?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
is that with a bolt assembly or not???
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There are SEVERAL New Blackthorne uppers on gunbroker under $300--- No Bolt/Carrier or Charging Handle
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a Model 1 sales upper, M4gery, and I got the entire kit, including, charging handle, bolt, and complete lower parts kit, stocks and all, for $439.  Great deal.  Light and pretty cleanly built.

Now, it shot like shit at first, but then after a break in period and frequent cleaning,  I found that it liked the Hornady V-Max and Barnes X bullets, and now it is stating to group around 1 MOA at 100 yds.

I think I did well, despite this being a "get my feet wet" upper.

Next 6.8 is likely to be a Noveske, L / W,  or Model 1 fluted 18 inch SPR, with free-float tubes, rails, and thus, a little higher velocity from the 6.8 mm round.  Really need to get it up around 2700-2800 FPS for game -killing velocity.

Model 1 :  inexpensive

Noveske:  better be a bachelor...

Hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top