Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 4:54:48 PM EDT
After an upper and sopmod stock, I'm noticing that LMT's have very rough finishes (aka gray & scratched).  The upper and buffer tube left something to be desired.  Anyone else experienced the same?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The buffer tube is a dry lube coating over the finish.

Yes, but on the inside only....
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The buffer tube is a dry lube coating over the finish.

Yes, but on the inside only....

The newer tubes are coated externally. So thick in fact i can see where it was dripping and partially dried.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
how's it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Very unusual.  When giving the buffer tube a good external wipe down with a terry rag and clp, the dry lube would come off onto the rag.  It struck me as strange.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Allaboutme:
funny you should say this.  I just built an upper using a Model 1 flattop receiver and a Wilson barrel.  The finish on both were like, gray, not much 'black' to them.  I moistened a rag with CLP and rubbed them down and there was an improvement in the 'color.'  In any case, the gun shoots really well, so I am happy just the same.
billy
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
good to hear sbilly, however my experience has shown that once the clp dries-off or gets wiped off, your back to gray city.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a 2005 model LMT Defender 2000 16" carbine.

Yes the buffer tube is gray color and if you look at the stock detent holes of the three rear most holes there are three drain holes which the regular buffer tube don't have.

As for the finish of the upper and lower my LMT have a smoother surface finish than my Colt 6721, the Colt have a more rough like sand blasted finish.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
how's it shoot?

[sarcasm]What?!?!  That's not what's important here![sarcasm]

Not sure what the deal is...the most recent LMT stuff I"ve seen has a good finish.  Call them?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone noticed or have a LMT lower with a purplish tint to it?  Why is that?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My MRP upper has a purpleish tint when you hit it with the right light.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
There was a guy about a month ago on the mag forum talking about his D&H black teflon mags looked plum colored... maybe you could trade stuff around and have a real pimpin' machine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top