Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2006 2:35:01 AM EDT
Alright. I just broke my stock removal tool and scratched my stock all to hell trying to remove it to add the one point sling adapter. How hard is this supposed to be? I tried it counter clockwise like the instuctions state. I'm thinking of putting it in a vise and then heating up that nut help remove it. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean you dont already have it in a vice with the purpose made magwell vice block?

Your SN suggests that your a cop, I would contact your armorer and hook him up in some small way, in exchange he will work on your personal AR.

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Never even heard of one. Its for my personal gun never the less. Where can I get one at online?

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Never even heard of one. Its for my personal gun never the less. Where can I get one at online?

so as not to endorse any one partucular sponsor or vendor.....do a google search for

AR15 vice block

and after you select a vendor, order a new spanner wrench too

Mike
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Is your castle nut staked?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Never did get it off. I had to cut it off with a dremel tool. I ordered 2 new  wrenches, a vise and a vise block. Broke three wrenches all together. Finally called Bushmaster and they stated they DO use locktite on newer guns. Finally resorted to cutting off the nut with a dremel. $7.50 for a new nut. Lesson learned on this one. If it breaks the wrench, cut the nut.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought about using a torch and heating it up, but my impatience got the best of me after the 3rd wrench broke. Maybe Next time. You would think bushmaster would stop this process.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Not just bushmaster.  Im having the same problem with my DPMS AP4 as well.

Went to the gun show in Sharonville, OH today looking for a new lock nut...  Not a single one to be found.

Going to try the hairdryer in the morning and see if that works.  If not, I'll be cutting mine off after I order a new replacement...  Thinking about ordering a new buffer tube as well, since I am pretty sure its gonna get boogered up as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Daniel Defence bolt on job it was alot easier. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh believe you me. You will scar up your buffer tube. Its $26.00 for a new one from bushmaster, which I had to order as well. All for a sling attachment. Friggin nice huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top