Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 11:29:33 AM EDT
Supposedly Swiss-made and sold by DSA. Does anyone have experience with these? The next step in completing my A4gery is a full-length non-FF RAS like the KAC M5 and I've noticed those sell NIB for ~$380, with prices on the EE between $200 and $300. The Brügger & Thomet rails are $329.95, but I haven't heard much about them. Is the quality comparable to KAC? Are they nice and solid or do they wiggle?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Huh, for supposedly being "popular everywhere outside the US" it doesn't seem like anyone's used them. From what I've read online, I gather Brügger & Thomet make decent suppressors but that doesn't tell me much about the quality of their rail systems...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a set on my SA-58 , they are well made and very rigid
when mounted . If the AR rails are the same quality they would
be a good choice , but I've never seen one to say for sure .
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a few B&T products.  Their HK low mount isn't in specs, can't mount an ARMS or LaRue QD mount.  I have a rail handguard for my Benelli M1 Super 90, the internal fixture needed some dremel time to make fit.  No KAC rail panel cuts, the TangoDown rail covers are such a tight fit, I had to use a hammer to pound them to slip on.  Once on the rails, the recoil of the shotgun will make the rails slide forward, the TD rail coers won't stay put (I'll cut some ladder rail protectors and put them in front of the TD covers)

No experience with their AR rail handguard yet, but I have enough negative experience to not want to go there again, I'd rather use KAC, DD, LaRue, ARMS, MI, Troy, Samson rails.  B&T aren't even cheap enough to compete with these quality manufacturers, I see NO reason to buy B&T for the AR platform.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
B&T needs to forget Oktoberfest and get their machining act together.  

ML

Can you blame them?

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you Duffy, that's a good reason to avoid them. Considering the price, you'd expect a quality product from B&T but from what you've said that doesn't seem to be the case.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
The quality isn't bad, it's actually pretty good, it's just not what we're used to, accustomed to American standards as we are.  With KAC, ARMS, DD, LaRue, MI, and even the smaller manufacturers, we expect and get products that just work without them being a weekend project.  

My beef with B&T, at least with the stuff I've bought, is they require some fooking around to fit, a throw back to the old days when a part from one firearm didn't fit another, so much for specs and standards they're supposed to adhere to

With the AR, we have abundant American made handguards that are second to none in the world.  KAC makes handguards for the HK roller locked weapons and G36 variants as well.  The only reason I'd buy B&T handguard again is if none of the US companies make it, such as for the SIG rifles.

The one B&T product I did not have problems with is the side folding stock for the HK 9mm and .223 systems.  However, true to B&T's tradition, it's not perfect and requires some work.  The rear sling sloop on the HK roller locked weapons is on the receiver cap/stock itself, the side folding stock has no provisions for a rear sling attachment.  DSA will make modifications to put a hole there for a QD sling stud, or you can buy a rear take down pin with an eyelet on it.  See, ALWAYS requires some extra work, I've come to believe most of the products are half baked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top