Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 5:51:41 PM EDT
Hey i was wondering who on the site own a "YHM 2-Piece Customizable Handguard "

so far i like the looks of it,  but they dont some with any rails.  which means to do a basic quad setup, id have to buy 4 rails..

which rails fit?
whats the cheapest rails i could get.. YHM is asking ~30 per rail

if any one has pics of it on their gun, that would be nice
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
YHM stuff is lower-end gear.  It's still good from what I hear, although the older stuff had some serious issues with out of spec rails.  A lot of guys that use it swear by it.  YHM has done a lot of work recently to improve their stuff, to include some mechanical anti-rotation for their free float stuff.
Randall Rausch uses a lot of YHM stuff on his builds, and if it were crap I don't think that he would sell it.
IIRC, the 7" rails fit the carbine, and the 12" are for the rifle.  The other lengths are so you can have just the amount of rail that you need and no more.  If you're going to put rull length rails on, you might as well just by the fully railed unit.
Depending on where you order the rails from if you are paying full retail you are going to be getting close to the cost of the mid and upper tier manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks from their website that it indeed doesn't come with any  rails.  So... After you buy the initial tube, you have to buy rails, and now I'd bet you're up where a quality fixed rail setup costs from several other manufacturers.  I don't have an axe to grind here, but IMO that sounds lame.  There are several really nice rail setups available in either FF or non FF for reasonable money.  Try Midwest Industries...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on checking out MI (Midwest Industries) I just bought a pair of their MCTAR 17 Railed 2 piece handguards. Easy to mount, relatively inexpensive, very solid and snug fit on my AR, and the finish and craftsmanship looks top notch to me. I personally like the looks of the MI 2 piece handguards over the YHM ones.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
any one with PICs?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey i was wondering who on the site own a "YHM 2-Piece Customizable Handguard "

so far i like the looks of it,  but they dont some with any rails.  which means to do a basic quad setup, id have to buy 4 rails..

which rails fit?
whats the cheapest rails i could get.. YHM is asking ~30 per rail

if any one has pics of it on their gun, that would be nice

ive also been thinking of doing the same thing.. But I wouldnt get 4 rails.. I only plan on doing a rail for a vertigal foregrip and one for a flashlight mount. I have no need for anything else.

For the price of $85 for the handguards, estimate $40 for 2 rails, and $11 for shipping. Im at about $140.

For $50 more I could have a proven surefire m73

Or for $70 more than the surefire I could have a Larue free float, which would probably last longer than the rifle...

decisions....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top