Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 4:03:09 PM EDT
I am new to the world of rifles and wanted to get my first one. I went to a gun show today and found something that I liked but I need your advice.......basicaly what I want is a Stag model 2 (5.56), but the guys that were claiming to sell Stag had uppers with the initials DTI on them, instead of Stag. What is DTI and how do they compare with a Stag upper half....????

Thanks in advance for your help....Sorry for sounding so new but I am just trying to learn here...
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of DTI.  How was it marked on the upper and where?  Is it painted on?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It was on the top of the barrel, not painted but like engraved.....It looks just like the original Stag but instead of saying Stag 5.56 NATO.....it saids DTI 5.56 NATO.....

Any ideas...????? Nothing that makes sense comes back when you do a Google search on it....
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was on the top of the barrel, not painted but like engraved.....It looks just like the original Stag but instead of saying Stag 5.56 NATO.....it saids DTI 5.56 NATO.....

Any ideas...????? Nothing that makes sense comes back when you do a Google search on it....

I don't know who makes stags barrels and I don't know for sure but I doubt that the barrel would be marked with STAG on it.  I'm sure it would have some kind of initials, 5.56 and the twist which with Stag I beleive is 1/9.  

Someone here has to know what DTI means.  Maybe it really is a Stag and the company selling it had their own initials ingraved in the barrel.  Sometimes companies put their own engravings on AR's made by companies like Stag but it's usally on the lower receiver and not the barrel.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe Del-Ton Inc ?  I think they use Wilson or Schneider Barrels.  Could be Del-Ton assembled uppers on a Stag lower.  They have a pretty good rep.  I just don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy your AR15 from somebody that you KNOW very well!

I refuse to buy guns at shows unless I know the guy or where his shop is
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
Maybe Del-Ton Inc ?  I think they use Wilson or Schneider Barrels.  Could be Del-Ton assembled uppers on a Stag lower.  They have a pretty good rep.  I just don't know for sure.

You are correct...it is Del-Ton Inc......and for the looks of it, I think i'll pass and get something better, at least with a chromed lining.....

Thanks to all for the replies......I'll stick with Stag or something along those lines....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top