Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 3:37:09 PM EDT
I sent the paperwork for my SBR. Now I would like some input and advice about 11.5 vs 10.5. Which will cause the least problems as far as function and reliability? It will also have a suppressor which may or may not factor into it. Friend of mine advised me to go with the 11.5 and said all I would need to do is use a heavy buffer. Also I am looking at the DPMS complete 11.5 upper. Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
While a 10.5" LMT will probably be more reliable than a DPMS 11.5" in general th 11.5" will reduce wear on the suppressor, the rifle and be more reliable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a LMT 10.5". It depends on what brand of suppressor you have if it will work with a 10.5". In my experience, the 10.5" uppers are more reliable than the 11.5". FWIW. I would not trust a DPMS SBR.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Wheres the best price on LMT's? Also, what are the problems with DPMS?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top