Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2006 12:32:57 PM EDT
I have asked, about this in a couple of threads and have not gotten a response. So I would like to ask what everyone would perfer to have.  IMO their are really not that many Full Auto Lowers....So, would you want them and if so why?....Also I would think that one would like a Billet Upper for more precision shooting than, Full Auto applications.

I forgot to mention that I posed this question after a exchange of IM's with Mr. LaRue.  They are still undecided on which way they are going to go.  So now you have a chance to be heard

Ant
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I flip floped on this and then posted this thread to get my answer... www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=291836

Hope that helps some...

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Most quality barrels seem to come with them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would you make them without?  It would make no sense. Look at the poll for cying out loud!
Link Posted: 9/5/2006 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why would you make them without?  It would make no sense. Look at the poll for cying out loud!

Well I for one would like to have one without and Maybe Mr. LaRue, can elaborate on why they would not have them if they decide to go that route.  

ant
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no desire to own a receiver without. A lack of M4 feed ramps would be a dealbreaker, and I was planning to buy one or two of those receivers this year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have no desire to own a receiver without. A lack of M4 feed ramps would be a dealbreaker, and I was planning to buy one or two of those receivers this year.
+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, but I want one without for a 6.5 barrel, bolt and gas block that I have coming to me.  Yeah, alot of people will want them with but are they really needed if your not going to run your weapon in full auto, or do a lot of rapid firing?  

Basically just make one without for me!

Ant
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes, but I want one without for a 6.5 barrel, bolt and gas block that I have coming to me.  Yeah, alot of people will want them with but are they really needed if your not going to run your weapon in full auto, or do a lot of rapid firing?  

Basically just make one without for me!

Ant

Yup, I need at least one for the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
It looks like I've been out-voted; did LaRue come to a decision yet?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yep!  If you want M4 Cuts you have to buy from one of the Dealers. If you want Non M4 you have to buy from LaRue.

Ant
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep!  If you want M4 Cuts you have to buy from one of the Dealers. If you want Non M4 you have to buy from LaRue.

Ant

So there's an option?  If so, that's super.

I don't really find them (M4 feed ramps) necessary for my current applications, however, I voted "yes" since most barrels I use have them.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
...are they really needed if your not going to run your weapon in full auto, or do a lot of rapid firing?

They certainly dont hurt anything and they may improve reliability.

From time to time I have received a magazine that when feeding from the right side of the mag it feeds the tip of the bullt into the receiver right below the Brl extention instead of into the chamber. Its one of the most common magazine failures and on an upper with M4 feedramps those out of spec mags will still work. as the bullt tip hits the extended feedramp instead of a flat wall.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...are they really needed if your not going to run your weapon in full auto, or do a lot of rapid firing?

They certainly dont hurt anything and they may improve reliability.

From time to time I have received a magazine that when feeding from the right side of the mag it feeds the tip of the bullt into the receiver right below the Brl extention instead of into the chamber. Its one of the most common magazine failures and on an upper with M4 feedramps those out of spec mags will still work. as the bullt tip hits the extended feedramp instead of a flat wall.

This upper is meant for the precision crowd.

Leave the little "Mil-Spec" areas of the AR15 world and venture in areas where precision is measured judged br .1" like the Bench Rest, Hi-Power, Varmit crowds and you will find that many of them don't even know what an M4 cut is, and the barrels they use don't have M4 cut extensions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top