Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 6:07:11 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the forearms YHM-9670 from Yankee Hill?
What do you think about them? I was thinking about buying a set...

I've got a Oberland Arms OA-15 M4. Do I need the top forearm or the second one from the top?

http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/2_Piece_Handguards.jpg

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
the forearm on top(carbine length)

for the money YHM is good

it isn't top tier, but it'll serve it's purpose.

I've used their two piece before and it locks up tight initially.

eventually (as the parts settle in-mine took about a month), the forearm can be torqued with pressure from a VFG.

if you want a cheap railed forearm, look to their free float units.  Again, not the best, but good for the money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just put a set on mine.  It was really tight getting them on.  They don't move at all.  I guess I'll see how they last.  I don't shoot or use mine very often so think they will be good.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two sets of YHM 2-peice rails. One set on a BFI Patrolman's Carbine & a set on a BFI 20" A3.  I've had em for about a year & for the price, I like em.  There's obviously more out there, offering more, for more money.  (More quality, more name brand, etc.)

The only problems I've had w/ attachment of VFGs are with both my Tango Down VFGs.  The Knight's broomstick goes on without a hitch but the TDs require at least three hands & a rubber mallet to install/disassemble.  Because the KA VFG goes on without a hitch, AFAIK the TD is tight concerning the spec rather than the YHM being loose... Or it could be an example of the worse case scenerio, Tolerance Stacking due to the TD VFG landing a bit on the tight side with the YHM rails being a bit on the loose side.

I'm glad I purchased a cheaper less expensive option because for my use, attachment of a VFG and flashlight, I probably wouldn't get my money out of a more expensive option/brand.  More recently, I find myself handling my stock 20" A2 or a stock BFI Patrolman's Carbine as I'm going back to why I admire the AR so much, it's light weight!  Luckily, I "got both", and more, so a little something for every occassion is the rule.

HTH-

Sly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top