Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2006 2:49:04 PM EDT
I would like to know if there are shorter than carbine handgards.
I know  there are rifle, mid, car. Are there shorter, available?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]

MRFS-4 Rail System AR Pistol - 4” Rail website link

Sure there are shorter than CAR handguards, AR PISTOL rails by Samson Mfg. Corp.

This is just one manufacturer but there are more.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about stock plastic handguards then the answer is no.  I've been trying to figure a way out to shorten the handguards myself, all to no avail.  I cut down a set of handguards to 4.75" to fit my TROS 9.25" 9mm barrel.  I took them to a guy who does plastic welding but he told me my handguards used a type of thermoset plastic and couldn't be welded/melted.  You could try a set of Cavarms handguards, they told me they use type 6 nylon, but I'm unsure if it is thermoset or not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Rock River Arms (RRA) have three types of AR pistol length aluminum handguards, solid tube, standard quad rails and lightweight quad rails.

RRA Handguards and Rail Systems website link
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The really short gas system is too short to hold onto the handguard anyway. For one thing I worry about fingers getting too close to the muzzle, or riding up onto the barrel. The one 6.5" AR I shot I used a magwell hold with, IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top