Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:52:59 AM EDT
I am currently running a 14.5 in. M4 profile 1/9 barrel setup with a permanent phantom open bottom port muzzle device. I am using an Eotech 512 (The long kind) Also, I currently have the standard non-milspec FSB and am using regular CAR handguards. Ok, below, I will out line the goals of the project and I would like you to comment on your choice of equipment to complete that part requirement.

1. I am going to send the upper to have the FSB removed, as well as the perm phantom, installing a new closed flash supressor. I looked at the flash suppresor thread with photos, and saw the phantom to  be the best, but I would like to hear your suggestions for a new muzzle device.

2. I will need a low profile gas block. Which do you reccomend? I know this could also be affected by the choice of rail system, so feel free to post combos. (For intance one gas block might not get clearance from another handguard)

3. I want to get a full legnth handguard that will go up to my muzzle device, leaving only a small part of barrel not surronded by rails. I would prefer a set-up that is flush with the upper reciever, leaving no gaps. I would also prefer a one piece tube, as installation is not an issue as all work will be done by a gunsmith. I don't know of a rail that offers both, as the Larue has a gap, and the Troy is a two piece. Also, I would like the lightest wieght possible of the rail that meets my requirements. (You don't have to do this, the tacked thread makes it easy, but isn't exactly up-to-date)

4. I am going to be using a new flip-able  rear-front sight setup, I think this is the best way to go. A clear unabstructed view through the Eotech and Absolute co-witness, the best of both worlds would be possible on this setup.

I currently have about $400 stocked away that I can use on this, but I realize it will come closer to around $900. Considering the cost of the thing, I want no compromise on equipment, this is too expensive to do twice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Burkey,

How many forums are you going to post this in?

I posted the one in GD after this one stood around for awhile with no hits. More traffic, more responses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top