Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:27:39 AM EDT
I have a bastardized 16" M4gery rifle (Olympic Arms lower, DPMS chrome Moly 1 x 9 5.56 chambered, YHM lightweight FF rails, and YHM flip down front sight, standard GI 6 position telescoping buttstock) At this point I have several ideas where I would like to go with this weapon, but $$$ is finite as always.hinking.gif

Assuming I have about $400 dollars to blow which direction do I go in?

Option 1

16" M4 profile CMMG chrome lined 1x7 5.56, YHM low profile rail covers, USGI verticle forward grip

Option 2

VLTOR club foot telescoping stock, YHM low profile rail covers, USGI verticle forward grip, ammunition

Option 3

downpayment on aimpoint

Option 4

2K rounds ammo, YHM low profile rail covers

Option 5

open to suggestion/combination of above options hep

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Id save up for something totally sweet, such as a nice optic.  Rapid target aquisition = you hit 1st and defeat that threat.  

Id get an optic of some kind.  Eotech/ACOG are great.  I have an eotech and it allows you to aim very fast, but has no magnification, but the ACOG has the magnification and an aimpoint....just save for something very good.  Something that you wont just upgrade later on anyway or get tired of.  Make your money count.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
i'd probably get $400 worth of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
ammo...

+1 on good optic too.  I shot a fellow Arfcommers AR yesterday that had an ACOG (dunno which model)
w/ the red triangle reticle.  All I can say is AWESOME.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top