Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 9:23:20 AM EDT
I havent been able to find much information about these.  Anyone know the pro's and con's about using them?

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
overpriced
worthless

get the std. stuff for less and you will never notice the difference.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Chrome bolt carriers are supposedly far easier to clean, like comparing a chrome lined bore to a standard one. Fouling and carbon don't stick as well to chrome and can be removed with much less effort.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Chrome bolt carriers are supposedly far easier to clean, like comparing a chrome lined bore to a standard one. Fouling and carbon don't stick as well to chrome and can be removed with much less effort.

I'll +1 the cleaning.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I figured it would help with cleaning, but I read it can wear on the upper receiver.  Have you noticed any negative things about them, like any noticeable wear on other parts of the weapon?  Thanks for the replies though, I didnt think anyone was gonna post.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Colt M16 carriers, Ameetech chrome AR15 carriers and of them I much prefer the chrome ones. The fact you can wipe them down and your done is a big plus to me. The again I am fairly anal when it comes to cleaning my weapons but none the less. It's worth it to me, and for an extra 10-15 bucks they are an excellent value. 105 bucks for a young manufactured chrome carrier, i'm a fan.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I figured it would help with cleaning, but I read it can wear on the upper receiver.  Have you noticed any negative things about them, like any noticeable wear on other parts of the weapon?  Thanks for the replies though, I didnt think anyone was gonna post.

No something that reduces friction does not wear the upper receiver.  Only fools perpetuate such nonsense.  If it were not for the internet this urban legend would never have become as common as it is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks alot for the info.  I think I will get one, sounds great.  Something that reduces friction = less wear.  Its so logical it almost makes sense :)  haha....obvious now that I think about it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I disagree, I've had some carriers that the rails that it slides on were rough and hard. I didn't use them and prove they would grind my upper but I felt they could. Whats so hard about cleaning a carrier, anyway? I don't use chrome bolts either. Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The rails will wear down any rough spots pretty quick. As for the cleaning thing, it's a personal preference, I never leave a gun dirty and I like the fact I can just hose the carrier with brake cleaner and wipe and it's done without having to get in all the nooks an crannies like on parked carriers. Again, personal preference, I like em both both for the extra 15 bucks I buy the chrome carriers.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I cant find a website that sells them.  Any links?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Del-Ton
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Ameetec Arms, they are a site sponsor at the top right.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top