Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 2:08:48 PM EDT
Hello all, am considering coverting to the "dark side" and switching from AK's (have built 6) to AR's. I found a Bushmaster that caught my eye. It's a NIB M4 style BCWA3F 16M4 for $775 shipped. Here's a LINK to Bushmasters site about this particular model. For $750 I beleive I would be hard pressed to build one of this quality. Let me know what you all think about this model as a first AR purchase.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
im new to AR's myself but to get a $1200+ rifle for $750 sounds like a good deal to me
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats kind of what I thought also. Anyone have any expierience with this rifle? Interested in what kind of grouping I could expect with the 16" barrel at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats kind of what I thought also. Anyone have any expierience with this rifle? Interested in what kind of grouping I could expect with the 16" barrel at 200 yards.

i'd get it for $750 (NIB usually runs ~$900 or less OTD)

Bushmaster makes good stuff; groupings, will vary w/ ammo and shooter, but it will get decent groups (maybe ~2+in w/ optics at 200)
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'd get it for $750 (NIB usually runs ~$900 or less OTD)

Bushmaster makes good stuff; groupings, will vary w/ ammo and shooter, but it will get decent groups (maybe ~2+in w/ optics at 200)

+1 for bushmaster. Their #1 on my list. If you gan get one for 750 TAKE IT. Lie he said, normally around $900 nib. so your getting a deal. asfar as the grouping goes depends on ammo and shooter, but you should be pleased.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the help. I went ahead and ordered today. I got the heavy barrel version as I saw no need in the grenade launcher cut out. He still has the cut out version for the same price if anyones interested ($775 shipped from Austin, TX). So a good shooter, shooting Remington 55 grain FMJ, with optics should be able to get at least 3" groups at 200 yards? Now to find a good scope.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
         This is a great gun,but I think you are useing wishfull thinking about group sizes. Generally the regular Bushmaster (or colt or RR ect) with the chrome lined barrels and 5.56 chambers will shoot 1 1/2 to 2 " @100 yards with good ammo. Regular nato grade 5.56 55gr fmj (Q3131 or m193) will be 2"+ @ 100.
This is providing you have a great solid rest,good optics,and a skilled hand on the trigger. New guns will usually have fairly rough triggers that take some time or work to smooth out.
       I like to think I am a decent shot on a good day , my bushmasters with aftermarket RR national match trigger , a good set of sandbags,and a great high power Leupold scope will shoot  XM193 type 55gr into 1 1/2-1 3/4" at 100yd and winchester 45gr VARMINT (great stuff) into about 1 or 1 1/4" ten shot groups @100yd. Some of the black hills stuff will about match the win 45gr. Logic tells you the groups should be twice the size at twice the distance but when shooting this doesn't always hold true.
       Now almost anyone can throw a couple lucky shots into a nice 3 or five shot group,but when you try to shoot  3 or 4 ten shot groups in a row things always grow bigger.
       Let us know how you make out. Get a really good scope and solid mount,consider an aftermarket trigger (I like the RRNM as a fairly cheep,easy to install,nothing to adjust great trigger) and head to the range!
       Chrome lined is the way to go for any general purpose rifle but its not for show that most ar's built for competition or varmint use have something other than chrome lined.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top