Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 11:44:50 AM EDT
I have a Colt Lightweight  Sportster in 7.62 and the bolt carrier is open all the way to the back on the bottom. My guess is that its that way so it will work with the sear block is this correct?.  I would like to build a second upper for this and i was wondering if anyone knows were to get a carrier like this? Or would it be easier and cheaper to have a machineshop mill a common carrier down?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
So the full circle carrier will work with a Colt lower with the sear block?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
A full circle semiauto carrier will work with a sear block,  but an M16 carrier will not.  The rear of a full circle semi carrier  still does not have as much steal as the M16 carrier.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A full circle semiauto carrier will work with a sear block,  but an M16 carrier will not.  The rear of a full circle semi carrier  still does not have as much steal as the M16 carrier.

Originally posted by team member CJan_NH

+1

This photo shows a semi-auto full circle carrier have enough clearance to work with a Colt sear block but a M16 carrier which have less cutout at the bottom will not.

There are some brands of semi-auto full circle carriers that have more material on the bottom, just try to avoid those brands or pre-fit it first like the photo to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Or you could take a file and mill off that damned hump. As noted above, it's nothing but a Colt attempt at political correctness.

Alternatively, if you are one of those who just have to leave the thing "original", get an M16 carrier, and grind the forward end back just far enough to clear the hump.  That will get you pretty close to the full weight carrier, and still clear that POS thing sticking up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#6]
the Colt bolt carrier is open all the way to the back on the bottom. so that it can not be used with a lighting link it has nothing to do with  the sear block and As noted above, it's nothing but a Colt attempt at political correctness
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top