Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 3:32:04 PM EDT
I would like a dissipator like free float hand guard that covers much of the 16” barrel.  Noted Olympic Arms has a 16.25 one but I would like one not all railed up and not the standard military type…. Any suggestions?

No need for a front sight either... thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You can install a rifle length FF tube on a 16" barrel - this would have the same effect as a dissy.

You'd have to find a tube that will allow a gas block under it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't need the front sight base, then any rifle length rail system will work.  It will cover most of your 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought rifle length hand guards were 12", leaving 4" uncovered.  At least that seems to be the usual length of HG's I have seen.  Am I missing some?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My bushy has a YHM unit on it.
They do sell a railless model
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I thought rifle length hand guards were 12", leaving 4" uncovered.  At least that seems to be the usual length of HG's I have seen.  Am I missing some?

You are correct.  This would be "dissy" configuration tho.  So you want a tube, that is flush with the muzzle?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking a HG pretty close to the muzzle.  Would have a FH on it too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
DPMS used to list one like what you're talking about but I can't find it on their site anymore.  Maybe give them a call and see if they've got one laying around somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top