Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 10:25:43 AM EDT
Thinking of purchasing one of those new Magpul CTR/UBR stocks when they come out.
I heard they only fit milspec tubes.
So are Stag Arms buffer tubes milspec ?

In Canada, we also have distributors for Armalite, Bushmaster and RRA parts... which one would be milspec ?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just dont buy a buffer tube made for an airsoft rifle and you will be fine. THe mil-Spec issue has been discussed here many a times..... Anything that is made by a well-known company its going to be built to the correct specifications.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Stag tubes are mil-spec.
Armalite, Bushmaster, and RRA are not.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just dont buy a buffer tube made for an airsoft rifle and you will be fine. ...

... and that's exactly where I fucked up.... I bought a cheapo Leapers M4 stock copy.
Never again.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Stag tubes are mil-spec.
Armalite, Bushmaster, and RRA are not.

My bushmaster and RRA buffer tubes have worked fine in stocks that call for the SO-CALLED Mil-Spec buffer tubes....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... and that's exactly where I fucked up.... I bought a cheapo Leapers M4 stock copy.
Never again.

Just by way of info; I recently purshased a tube sold to me as a Conti/Stag piece.  As I was installing it, I put a bit of CLP on it, just to lube it  for the butt piece (Colt) to slide on.  

The finish started wiping off  instantly, leaving the shiny black anodising underneath.  So Now I'm going to have to refinish the damn thing w/a decent top coat.

Now I didn't buy the thing from Stag, but the dealer I did get it from, who is highly regarded on this site, told me it was Stag, and I have no reason to doubt him.

So if you do go for a Conti/Stag piece, test the ability of the finish to stay on before you mount it.  Mine may have just been a "one off" screw up; or there may be a bunch of them out there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a VLTOR tube, it IS mil-spec.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never again.

Just by way of info; I recently purshased a tube sold to me as a Conti/Stag piece.  As I was installing it, I put a bit of CLP on it, just to lube it  for the butt piece (Colt) to slide on.  

The finish started wiping off  instantly, leaving the shiny black anodising underneath.  So Now I'm going to have to refinish the damn thing w/a decent top coat.

Now I didn't buy the thing from Stag, but the dealer I did get it from, who is highly regarded on this site, told me it was Stag, and I have no reason to doubt him.

So if you do go for a Conti/Stag piece, test the ability of the finish to stay on before you mount it.  Mine may have just been a "one off" screw up; or there may be a bunch of them out there.

I had this happen witha  Colt rifle tube of all things. I guess it happens..
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top