Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 6:13:16 AM EDT
Hi all,

Just wanted to give a thumbs up and share my experience with Olympic Arms Repair center.  Had a second or perhaps third hand Olympic Arms 9mm upper which was doubling - picked it up used a couple years ago.  Excellent shape, but it was the 'older style' carrier design with full carrier key.

Contacted gunsmith Andy Wilson of Olympic Arms via their website and advised him of the problem and asked his suggestions.

After a couple timely emails back and forth we finally determined that the firing pin return spring had taken set.  I certainly expected to pay for any parts and/or repairs that would be needed due to not being the original owner.

I was very pleased to receive and email from Andy stating that the upgraded carrier key and a new spring were on their way to me - at no charge.

Certainly nice to see that they have an such a devoted 'smith' in their ranks willing to answer all my questions and ultimately provide me the parts need to get the upper running again.

Thank you Olympic!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Bushy, RRA, and two Oly's. Great customer service always from each!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear a positive experience with Oly - props to Andy Wilson.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You must be one of the lucky ones. Follow this link to see my (ongoing) experience with their "customer Service".

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275062
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top