Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
I know it says I don't have to remove the Delta ring, but do I have to remove the FSB, or do anything other than remove the original handguards that come with the rifle?

Does anyone know of an instruction manual or "how to" thread I can reference before making a purchase?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know it says I don't have to remove the Delta ring, but do I have to remove the FSB, or do anything other than remove the original handguards that come with the rifle?

Does anyone know of an instruction manual or "how to" thread I can reference before making a purchase?

Thanks in advance!

no, not for the civilian SIR.

BUT, you could even install the military SIR as well... you just need to remove the delta ring with a dremel or a grinder.  I took my delta off with a table grinder.

I cant help you with an instruction manual
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure'nuff: www.armsmounts.com/sirSystem.html

Everything ya need should be self-explanatory there................

Mike
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the responses...

...honestly, I'm a little afraid of attacking the Delta ring with a dremel, so may just opt for the Civilian version.

Final question, anyone know who has the civilian bi-level SIR in stock at a decent price?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the responses...

...honestly, I'm a little afraid of attacking the Delta ring with a dremel, so may just opt for the Civilian version.

Final question, anyone know who has the civilian bi-level SIR in stock at a decent price?

Thanks!

No big deal, I zipped my Delta off the other night to install a MI#20 FF forend, took all of 4 minutes.

Just put her on the floor with HGs removed, zip the ring at 3 and 9 o'clock, insert a screw-driver into the slot and twist, ring will pop apart, easy-peasey-japanesee.....

Grap the spring w/ a pair of pliers and snatch it off. Clean up the shavings and your ready to install the SIR.

Note: if you are ever going to consider SELLING the rifle, the civiy version makes it easier to put her back the way she came....

As to where to buy, the EE or the Industry forum is where I do my price shopping.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top