Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 11:32:27 AM EDT
I am looking for a good grip replacement, but I want one that has a soft texture so I can increase my grip on the weapon.  I am looking at the ergogrip tactical in the suregrip texture.  Anyone heard of these, or can anyone offer a like item?  I want to make sure I get quality on this, I didnt like how the A2 grip handled when I was in the 'box.  I always remember wishing it had a soft texture to it.  I also want it to have the finger swells and have the rubberized texture.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]
look into the hogue
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, I looked at the hogue and I have to say, they both look good.  What has performed the best?  Since I cant pick them both up and look at them, I need to go by other peoples' experiences.  Should I grab a hogue grip or go for a ergogrip tactical in suregrip texture?  Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used both and prefer the hogue.
Some people hate the hogue because of the deeper finger grooves.
The reason I like hogue is it's easier and more comfortable for me to manuver my AR with one hand because it has a wider bottom that contacts the bottom of the palm.  This allows me more leverage so my gun doesn't seem as heavy as with the ergo.  It is also softer.  
So, the width at the rear base, the finger grooves, and the softness are all reasons it helps grip and one handed carry for me.
The soft rubber can make small gravel and dirt stick to it.
The ergo is very narrow and bites into my palm.  I found it to be more uncomfortable than the standard A2 grip.
And just to add.   I tried the miad grip, and it was too short for me to get good leverage out of the bottom of my palm.
Take this info for what it is............my personal opinion and evaluation.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
look into the hogue

Yup, what he said...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the Ergo.  I have three right now.

TS
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, the BEST way for you to decide is to lay hands on both.  It is absolutely personal preference, since neither will "outperform" the other and both are quality pieces.

I have an ErgoGrip on each of my AR15's except one, which wears the Hogue.  

I have medium-large hands, and don't like skinny grips like the A2 or TD, and the Hogue, while thicker than those, is still skinny to me.  

The Hogue I have is on the "wife and kids" rifle for their smaller hands, but the Ergogrip just feels right when I grip it.  

Both are good, one will most likely feel better than the other to you... But which one is up to you.

ETA: I have tried the EgroGrip "Rhino" (plastic) and it is "skinny" in the back as caw375 mentioned, BUT I have not had the same issue with the SureGrip models.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am looking for a good grip replacement, but I want one that has a soft texture so I can increase my grip on the weapon.  I am looking at the ergogrip tactical in the suregrip texture.  Anyone heard of these, or can anyone offer a like item?  I want to make sure I get quality on this, I didnt like how the A2 grip handled when I was in the 'box.  I always remember wishing it had a soft texture to it.  I also want it to have the finger swells and have the rubberized texture.  Thanks for the help.

Another option is to take a section of bike tire tubing and stretch it over the grip.  Popped tubes can be had for free from a local shop, they just throw them out.    

Other than that, you pretty much described a Hogue.  If you're like me and I'm sure others here, you'll buy at least 3 different grips before you find one you really like.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top